Lea Vale has made the decision not to undertake any Non-NHS work.
We feel our clinician’s time is valuable and we would like to dedicate their time to clinical work.
The NHS provides most health services to people free of charge, but there are some exceptions. Prescription charges have existed since 1951. Sometimes a charge is made be-cause the service is not covered by the NHS; for example Medical Reports for Insurance Companies, this is classes as non-NHS work.
What is covered by the NHS and what is not?
The Governments contract with GPs covers medical services to NHS patients. Sometimes the only reason that a GP is asked to provide information is because they hold a position of trust in the community, or because an insurance company wants to be sure that the information provided to them is true and correct.
Examples of Non-NHS services:
- Accident/sickness insurance certificates and reports
- Certain travel/holiday vaccinations
- Private medical insurance reports
- Reports for ‘fitness to start a diet regime.’
- Medicals for HGV/Taxi/PSV
- Elderly Driver Medicals
- Holiday Cancellation forms
- Shotgun Certificate Verification
- Driving Licence Forms
Examples of non-NHS services which GP’s can charge other institutions:
- Medical reports for an insurance company
- Some reports for the DSS/Benefits Agency
- Examinations of local authority/Ofsted Reports
If your report request is for Non-NHS Work we will return the request to you.